If you are totally new to Sculptor you might need to read What is Sculptor? before looking at the practical example.
The series illustrates the following, step-by-step:
- Jump Start - Initial creation of maven and eclipse projects. Persistent entity and CRUD GUI are created in a few minutes.
- The World is Changing - Adding more to the application. Quick development round trip, short feedback loop, it is not a one time shot.
- Testing is Simple - Testability is crucial and is of course supported.
- Adding Behaviour - Generated code is well separated from hand written code.
- Say Hello - Entity, Repository and Service are some of the available building blocks. Yes, it is real DDD-style.
- Introducing a Type - Developing a high quality domain model is the core of Sculptor. Small type objects are typically part of a good domain model.
- Refactoring - How is refactoring done when having a mix of hand written and generated code?